Tuesday, November 29, 2022

TX and AH Dra 23rd November 2022

It looked like we were going to get a good dark sky last Wednesday, the 23rd November, but it didn't last. It was new moon and I went out early evening to observe the variable stars TX and AH Draconis. I planned to get estimates for the brightness of these two stars, go indoors and then come out again later to look at some other stars but it clouded up.

I was using the new version of the BAA star chart (106.04) and at 18.20 UT I found that TX was brighter than star K (=7.0 mag.) but fainter than star N (=7.7 mag.) but not by much. My estimate was K(2)V(1)N which put it at magnitude 7.5.

Going on to AH at 18.28 UT I found that it was about midway in brightness between star 6 (=7.8 mag.) and star 8 (=8.4 mag.) making it 6(1)V(1)8 or magnitude 8.1.

All text and images © Duncan Hale-Sutton 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment