Monday, January 16, 2023

GO Pegasi 9th January 2023 - part 2

The other variable star that I had a look at a week ago was GO Pegasi. I haven't observed this star before and it is conveniently located roughly halfway between alpha and lambda Pegasi at the right-hand side of the square of Pegasus. The BAA chart 103.02 places GO near the star Flamsteed 51. According to the BAAVSS this is another semi-regular variable (SRb) with a main period of about 79 days and a range in luminosity of between 7.14 and 7.91 magnitudes (so not very large).

At 18:50 UT I saw that GO was fainter than star B (=7.0 mag.) on the chart and at 18:57 I estimated that it was marginally brighter than star E (=7.8). So my estimate was B(3)V(1)E which made it magnitude 7.6.

I think this is in pretty good agreement with observations from the BAAVSS and the AAVSO.

All text and images © Duncan Hale-Sutton 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment